[dpdk-dev] When I run test-pmd, most of received packets(loop-backed packet) have RX-error.

최익성 pnk003 at naver.com
Tue Oct 20 08:12:51 CEST 2015

Dear DPDK experts.

Thank you very much for your best great efforts and precious answers.

When I run test-pmd, most of received packets are RX-error.

The computer has two 10GbE ports Intel NIC and the two ports are loop-backed each other.

The result shows that the loop-backed packets have rx-error occured from ethernet device port.

The rx-error ( ierrors) seems to be counted by rte_eth_stats_get(uint8_t port_id, struct rte_eth_stats *stats) function in ~/dpdk/lib/librte_ether/rte_ethdev.c

Then this rte_eth_stats_get() function calls (*dev->dev_ops->stats_get)(dev, stats);

However, I can't find and trace the function (*dev->dev_ops->stats_get)().

Would you tell me how can I find the function?

Would you tell me why this receive errors occurs for what reasons?

I tested it in two xeon computers with different OS.

   Fedora 22 (linux kernel version 4.2.3-200.fc22.x86_64, DPDK 2.1.0).
   Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS(linux kernel version : 3.13.0-34-generic, DPDK 2.1.0).

Both experiments show the same result with rx-errors.

I will really appreciate if I can be given any advice and answers.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely Yours,

Ick-Sung Choi.