[dpdk-dev] volunteer to be the maintainer of driver/net/intel sub-tree

Lu, Wenzhuo wenzhuo.lu at intel.com
Thu Oct 22 04:49:50 CEST 2015

Hi all,
Following the discussion of DPDK user space and the maintenance of development sub-trees, I'd like to volunteer myself to be the maintainer of sub-tree driver/net/intel. It includes all the PMD of Intel NICs. And Helin can be my backup.
I suggest we create a new directory to move the driver/net/e1000, driver/net/fm10k... to it. And we can also create directories for other vendors just like the kernel driver do.

Additionally, as we observed, some patch sets will not only change the files in drivers/net, but also some files in lib/librte_ether, doc, app, examples... Only being drivers/net/intel maintainer cannot work for these patch sets, especially for the new features. Applying partial feature patch set is not ideal. Ideally we need a maintainer to drive the RTE_ETHER discussion. Maybe Bruce can be a top-level maintainer. So, he can help when we face this scenario.

Best regards
Wenzhuo Lu