[dpdk-dev] how to change binding of NIC ports to NUMA nodes

De Lara Guarch, Pablo pablo.de.lara.guarch at intel.com
Fri Sep 4 09:20:48 CEST 2015

Hi Rajesh,

The drivers cannot change the numa node where your NICs are,
as those nodes are associated to the different physical sockets (CPU and memory)
that you have on your platform, and your NICs are connected physically
to these sockets via the PCI slots.

So, if you want to change the numa node, you will have to move the NIC(s)
to another PCI slot that is connected to a different socket.
Look at the user guide of your platform to find out which PCI slots are connected to which socket.

Regards,

Pablo