[dpdk-dev] ixgbe: account more Rx errors Issue

Andriy Berestovskyy aber at semihalf.com
Fri Sep 4 11:38:12 CEST 2015

Hi,
Updating to DPDK 2.1 I noticed an issue with the ixgbe stats.

In commit f6bf669b9900 "ixgbe: account more Rx errors" we add XEC
hardware counter (l3_l4_xsum_error) to the ierrors now. The issue is
the UDP packets with zero check sum are counted in XEC and now in
ierrors too.

I've tried to disable hw_ip_checksum in rxmode, but it didn't help.

I'm not sure we should add XEC to ierrors, because packets counted in
XEC are not dropped by the NIC actually. So in my case ierrors counter
is now greater than actual number of packets received by the NIC,
which makes no sense.

What's your opinion?

Regards,
Andriy