[dpdk-dev] ixgbe: account more Rx errors Issue

Olivier MATZ olivier.matz at 6wind.com
Mon Sep 7 10:30:26 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 09/06/2015 07:15 PM, Tahhan, Maryam wrote:
> [...]

For me, the definition that looks the most straightforward is:

ipackets = packets successfully received by hardware
imissed = packets dropped by hardware because the software does
  not poll fast enough (= queue full)
ierrors = packets dropped by hardware (malformed packets, ...)

These 3 stats never count twice the same packet.

If we want more statistics, they could go in xstats. For instance,
a counter for invalid checksum. The definition of these stats would
be pmd-specific.

I agree we should clarify and have a consensus on the definitions
before going further.

Regards,
Olivier