[dpdk-dev] Compiling MLX4 Support into 2.1.0

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Fri Sep 11 18:35:49 CEST 2015

Hi Nathan,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 09:10:03AM -0700, Nathan Speulda wrote:
> All,
>
> I am attempting to do some work using a CX3-Pro adapter in a forwarding
> environment and am attempting to enable the supported PMD that is included
> in the 2.1.0 release of DPDK.  My base distro is RHEL6.5 for stability
> reasons.  Does anyone have a more detailed idea of how to get the Mellanox
> PMD working correctly?  Does base distro have any impact on this at all?  I
> have been unable to find what I need at the Mellanox community support.

You need to install Mellanox OFED before attempting to compile the mlx4
PMD, as described in the relevant documentation (doc/guides/nics/mlx4.rst)
also available here:

 http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/mlx4.html

See "Prerequisites" and "Getting Mellanox OFED" sections.

It should work fine with all Linux distributions supported by Mellanox
OFED. In your specific case, RHEL 6.5 is supported by MOFED 3.0-2.0.1.

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND