[dpdk-dev] DPDK 2.2 roadmap

Matej Vido matejvido at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 17:37:06 CEST 2015

Hi,

> 2015-09-14 15:44, Matej Vido:
> > CESNET would like to submit new virtual poll mode driver for COMBO-80G
> and
> > COMBO-100G cards. This PMD requires libsze2 library and kernel modules
> > (combov3, szedata2_cv3) to be installed.
>
> The name of the driver was szedata2, right?
> What is the meaning? Why not having liberouter in its name?

SZE is our Straight ZEro copy technology for fast data transfers between
hardware and RAM, 2 is its second version, _cv3 denotes compatibility with
our third generation of FPGA cards. Liberouter is the name of our team,
which does also other, non-hardware stuff.

In the future we want to rewrite this PMD to be independent on sze library
and kernel modules - that could also further improve performance a little.

> > We have already sent a patch serie in June
> > (http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2015-June/019736.html ), but missed
> > previous merge window. Now, we are working on a new patchset version with
> > scattered packets support.
>
> Please try to split the patches in order to ease the review.
> One feature per patch is a good rule.
>
> > Meanwhile, we have improved the firmware and would like to share the
> > results of our benchmark:
> https://www.liberouter.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/pmd_szedata2_dpdk_measurement-2015-09-11.pdf
>
> Nice results!
>
> Thanks