[dpdk-dev] IXGBE error statistics

Van Haaren, Harry harry.van.haaren at intel.com
Mon Sep 21 15:45:56 CEST 2015

> From: Igor Ryzhov [mailto:iryzhov at arccn.ru]
> Thank you, I'll wait for result of mspdc testing.

Hi Igor,

Regarding your original question:
The datasheet says that a packet with total size < 32 bytes is
discarded by MAC layer and counted in the mspdc register.

If possible, I would like to add a test for this type of packet when
testing the accuracy of xstats. I've tried using a packet generator
(48 bytes seems the smallest it is willing to generate for me), and
using another NIC won't work, as smaller packets are padded to
64 bytes on TX.

Do you have a method of reproducing this < 32 byte mspdc error packet?
-Harry