[dpdk-dev] getting pointer for struct ixgbe_hw

Serguei Bezverkhi (sbezverk) sbezverk at cisco.com
Mon Sep 21 16:52:56 CEST 2015

Hi Konstantin,

I need to setup certain parameters per VF from guest VM.

Here is the list:

#define IXGBE_VF_RESET                            0x01 /* VF requests reset */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_MAC_ADDR      0x02 /* VF requests PF to set MAC addr */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_MULTICAST       0x03 /* VF requests PF to set MC addr */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_VLAN   0x04 /* VF requests PF to set VLAN */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_LPE       0x05 /* VF requests PF to set VMOLR.LPE */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_MACVLAN         0x06 /* VF requests PF for unicast filter */
#define IXGBE_VF_API_NEGOTIATE       0x08 /* negotiate API version */
#define IXGBE_VF_API_NEGOTIATE                       0x08 /* negotiate API version */
#define IXGBE_VF_GET_QUEUES                            0x09 /* get queue configuration */
#define IXGBE_VF_ENABLE_MACADDR                                0x0A /* enable MAC address */
#define IXGBE_VF_DISABLE_MACADDR               0x0B /* disable MAC address */
#define IXGBE_VF_GET_MACADDRS                     0x0C /* get all configured MAC addrs */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_MCAST_PROMISC          0x0D /* enable multicast promiscuous */
#define IXGBE_VF_GET_MTU                   0x0E /* get bounds on MTU */
#define IXGBE_VF_SET_MTU                    0x0F /* set a specific MTU */

The only way I found so far was directly using mailbox facility between PF and VF. If you can suggest more proper way of doing it, I would appreciate if you let me know.

Thank you

Serguei

Serguei Bezverkhi,
TECHNICAL LEADER.SERVICES
Global SP Services
sbezverk at cisco.com
Phone: +1 416 306 7312
Mobile: +1 514 234 7374

CCIE (R&S,SP,Sec) - #9527

Cisco.com

 Think before you print.
Please click here for Company Registration Information.