[dpdk-dev] ethtool doesnt work on some interface after unbinding dpdk

Gopakumar Choorakkot Edakkunni gopakumar.c.e at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:25:41 CEST 2016

Hi Remy,

Thanks for the response. The error is "No such device", some snippets
below. And no I was not using the dpdk ethtool

ge8----->   06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82576 Gigabit
Network Connection (rev 01)

root:~# ls /sys/class/net/ge8/device/driver/module/drivers/
pci:igb
root:~#

root:~# ethtool ge8
Settings for ge8:
Cannot get device settings: No such device
Cannot get wake-on-lan settings: No such device
Cannot get message level: No such device
Cannot get link status: No such device
No data available

Rgds,
Gopa.