[dpdk-dev] KNI broken again with 4.9 kernel

Mcnamara, John john.mcnamara at intel.com
Thu Dec 15 13:01:06 CET 2016

Hi Stephen,

On point 2: The feedback we have always received is that the KNI code isn't upstreamable. Do you think there is an upstream path?

> If not acceptable due to security or supportablity then why does it
> still exist?

The most commonly expressed reason when we have asked this question in the past (and we did again at Userspace a few months ago) is that the people who use it want the performance.

On point 3: We do have an internal continuous integration system that runs nightly compiles of DPDK against the latest kernel and flags any issues.

John