[dpdk-dev] implementing flex filters using wake-up packets

Cody Doucette doucette at bu.edu
Sat Dec 17 18:39:53 CET 2016

Looking at the e1000 driver, it seems like the flexible filter type
(RTE_ETH_FILTER_FLEXIBLE) is implemented using wake-up filters.

If that's correct, is it possible to take the same approach for ixgbe? I'm
using an 82599 (which has flexible wake-up filters), and I'd like to try to
implement RTE_ETH_FILTER_FLEXIBLE for ixgbe to match something like an IPv6
Neighbor Discovery packet.

Any thoughts on whether this is possible or tips on how to do it would be
appreciated. Thanks!

Cody