[dpdk-dev] [README]:Running DPDK in a LXC-based Container

Pushpasis Sarkar pushpasis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 06:01:58 CET 2016

Hi Krishna,

Off-late I have been investigating DPDK on Linux containers.. I came across
this thread and found it very helpful.. But I still find some issues when I
try to run the same DPDK application simultaneously on more than one LXC
containers..

Even when following the example provided in this thread. I am unable to run
the same application simultaneously in both host and more than one LXC
containers..
Is there any way to achieve the same..

The basic issue I see in the DPDK design that kit assumes that it will use
/mnt/huge/ file-path before using it.. making it unavailable to any other
process.. Can this be changed to use the sub-directory /mnt/huge/$(uname
-n)/<PID>. That way it cannot stop other process running on host/lxc from
using the hugepages.. I have donot have much knowledge about how the
hugepage filesystem works.. so pardon my ignorance... :)

Looking forward to some help on this.

Regards,
-Pushpasis