[dpdk-dev] [PATCH 01/12] ethdev: add API to query what/if packet type is set
jianfeng.tan at intel.com
Mon Jan 11 08:39:08 CET 2016
According to the proposal, I'm going to fix the definition of this API
* Retrieve the contextual information of an Ethernet device.
* @param port_id
* The port identifier of the Ethernet device.
* @param ptype_mask
* A hint of what kind of packet type which the caller is interested in
* @param ptypes
* An array of packet types to be filled with
* @param num
* Size of ptypes
* - (>=0) if successful. Indicate number of valid values in ptypes
* - (-ENOTSUP) if hardware-assisted VLAN stripping not configured.
* - (-ENODEV) if *port_id* invalid.
extern int rte_eth_dev_get_ptype_info(uint8_t port_id,
uint32_t ptype_mask, uint32_t ptypes,
1) When num is exceeded, we just stop there and return num, or return
The first way has a bug when: what app is exactly asking for is not
filled in ptypes because of
exceeding num, but app believes this API returns with success.
2) if RTE_PTYPE_*_MAX_NUM macros necessary? Without them, we could calculate
num through 2^(number of bit 1 in RTE_PTPE_*_MASK).
More information about the dev