[dpdk-dev] [PKTGEN] dumb question: how to start packet TX and set the payload

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Thu Jan 21 20:00:38 CET 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 03:05:38PM +0000, Wiles, Keith wrote:
> Forgot to answer this one. Pktgen does not allow the user to define the
> content of the packet per say only the fill pattern and what ever you
> configure the packet type to be. If you would like to submit a patch for
> adding user specific content it has always been a goal of my to add that
> feature.

I am happy to work to make the patch, it would help if you could provide some
hints where in the code I should look... when I went searching for seqCnt I
found a packet-constructor function run in a loop when applying a
packet-sequence operation. Is the packet-constructor the right place or should
I look somewhere else?

Matthew.