[dpdk-dev] No RX frames on Intel 82599 VF

Garik E kiragon at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:48:05 CEST 2016

Hi,

On the S2600WT2 server, when DPDK is bound to VF, there is no incoming
traffic.
But when the same VF is bound to ixgbevf driver and configured as Linux
interface,
it works normally. I was able to run ping and ssh through that VF.
So my guess is that the RX issue is not due to malfunction hardware.

The same binary works correctly on S2600WTTR server with 82599 VF
I also tested the application with Mellanox ConnectX-4 on both servers
There were no issues with CX-4 PF and VF

For some reason DPDK VF RX functionality does not work on S2600WT2.