[dpdk-dev] spinlock: Move constructor function out of header file

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Fri Jul 15 10:31:49 CEST 2016

2016-07-14 22:20, Damjan Marion:

> > On 15 Jul 2016, at 00:06, Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com> wrote:
> >
> > 2016-07-14 18:10, Damjan Marion:
> >> Dear Jan,
> >>
> >> Thank you for your comments. A bit too much overhead to submit simple patch
> >> so let’s forget about it. I will just add it as it is to our private
> >> collection of patches.
> >
> > These are changes trivial to fix when applying.
> > I strongly prefer that you upstream patches instead of keeping patches
> > in the VPP repository. I will help you in this task.
> > Thanks for the effort.
>
> Yeah, I agree with you, unfortunately it is all about time,
> for me it is still cheaper to rebase them.
>
> I respect your rules, but I just don’t have enough free cycles
> to spend learning all of them, for my occasional patch submission.

We know there is a learning curve for the submission process.
That's why we do not expect it to be fully satisfied, especially
from occasional contributors.
I am used to do some not significant changes before applying to
help newcomers patches being accepted. That's what I will do in
your case.
As I said previously I will help you to drop your local patches.

Please continue sending other patches with a detailed explanation
and we will take care of them.