[dpdk-dev] dpdk 16.07, issues with rte_mempool_create and rte_kni_alloc()

Gopakumar Choorakkot Edakkunni gopakumar.c.e at gmail.com
Sun Jul 31 07:39:33 CEST 2016

Hi all,

So 16.07 seems to have an rte_mempool_create() which can allocate items
from multiple memzones (commit d1d914eb), which is awesome and is the
reason I upgraed to 16.07 !!

But .. when I call rte_kni_alloc() with the mempool as parameter, theres a
check in there which says below

    /* KNI currently requires to have only one memory chunk */
    if (mp->nb_mem_chunks != 1)
        goto kni_fail;

And I hit that check because I am allocating a large mempool that happens
to span multiple memzones. I am perfectly fine with allocating a seperate
mempool just for KNI, except that I am unable to find any API or a flag or
some setting which says "create me a mempool that doesnt span memzones",
just so that I can use it with rte_kni_alloc()

Any suggestions will be helpful !

Rgds,
Gopa.