[dpdk-dev] weak functions in some drivers

Elo, Matias (Nokia - FI/Espoo) matias.elo at nokia-bell-labs.com
Wed Jun 29 15:26:22 CEST 2016

>> What is not clear to me is motivation to use weak here instead of simply using >CONFIG_RTE_I40E_INC_VECTOR
>> macro to exclude stubs in i40e_rxtx.c. It will make library smaller and avoid issues like this one
>> which are quite hard to troubleshoot.
>
>Since this issue seen in fd.io, I didn't investigated more, but I don't
>want to clock your valid question, this is an attempt to resurrect the
>question ...

Hi,

We are having exactly the same problem. For us the aforementioned workaround doesn't seem to work and vector mode is always disabled with the i40e drivers. If I modify i40e_rxtx.c and exclude the stub functions using CONFIG_RTE_I40E_INC_VECTOR everything works as expected.

We are building DPDK with the CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_COMBINE_LIBS option enabled and link DPDK library to our application.

Any other ideas how this could be fixed?

Regards,
Matias