[dpdk-dev] ixgbe TX function selection

Zoltan Kiss zoltan.kiss at linaro.org
Tue Mar 1 20:18:31 CET 2016

Hi,

I've noticed that ixgbe_set_tx_function() selects the non-SG function
even if (dev->data->scattered_rx == 1). That seems a bit dangerous, as
you can turn that on inadvertently when you don't set max_rx_pkt_len and
buffer size in certain ways. I've learnt it in the hard way, as my
segmented packets were leaking memory on the TX path, which doesn't
cries if you send out segmented packets.
How should this case be treated? Assert on the non-SG TX side for the
'next' pointer? Or turning on SG if RX has it? It doesn't seem to be a
solid way as other interfaces still can have SG turned on.

Regards,

Zoltan