[dpdk-dev] New driver (large patch) question.

Thomas Monjalon thomas.monjalon at 6wind.com
Wed Mar 2 11:21:26 CET 2016

Hi,

2016-03-01 19:56, Stephen Hurd:
> I submitted a new driver on Friday, and it was rejected for being over 300k.
>
> The rejection email suggested contacing dev-owner at dpdk.org, which I did on
> Monday with no reply.
>
> What's the process to submit patches larger than the mailing list size
> limit?

A patch has two lives:
1/ it must be reviewed and accepted
2/ it will stay in the git history for future reference

Those 2 periods require the patch to be well explained, with a
reasonnable scope and a human readable size.
The primary rule to think about is to introduce only one feature
per patch.
So the size should be naturally small and the mailing list don't need
to accept greater sizes.

To make it short, please split your driver in several introduction steps.