[dpdk-dev] flow director on X550

Lu, Wenzhuo wenzhuo.lu at intel.com
Thu May 26 08:34:54 CEST 2016

Hi Nishant,

From: Nishant Verma [mailto:vnish11 at gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2016 11:40 AM
To: Lu, Wenzhuo
Cc: dev at dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] flow director on X550

Hi Wenzhuo,
Thanks for the reply.

​As par datasheet, if flow director filter matches then RSS won't impact as RSS is the last filter to be applied on received packet.

But just to confirm, i tried and still issue persist. Any other thing that you think i can try, please let me know.
[Wenzhuo] After checking the code, according to our implementation you cannot mask all the L4 ports if you want to direct the L4 packets. With all the ports masked, flow director only handles the raw IP packets. It means UDP/TCP/SCTP packets will not be handled.  There’s a workaround. You can change the dest port mask to 0x01 (or src port if you like). And add 2 filters, one for dest IP 66.66.66.66 + dest port 0, the other for dest IP 66.66.66.66 + dest port 1.
Thanks.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 8:52 PM, Lu, Wenzhuo <wenzhuo.lu at intel.com<mailto:wenzhuo.lu at intel.com>> wrote:
Hi Nishant,

> [...]
We need add the parameter *--disable-rss* to avoid the impact of RSS.

--
Rgds,
Nishant