[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-users] rte_zmalloc() returning non-zeroed memory on FreeBSD

Lewis Donzis lew at perftech.com
Fri Nov 4 17:43:49 CET 2016

> On Nov 4, 2016, at 11:38 AM, Sergio Gonzalez Monroy <sergio.gonzalez.monroy at intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 03/11/2016 20:04, Lewis Donzis wrote:
>> I’m curious about how/whether this got resolved.  The 16.07.1 code doesn’t appear to have this fixed.
>>
>> Is it still forthcoming?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> lew
>
> It should have been fixed in 16.07.1.
> http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/commit/?id=82f931805506efbb8b5046e9045bec8f04bbabf6
>
> Do you have an easy test to reproduce? can you reproduce it with any of the app/examples?

Oh, sorry, I was looking at the rte_zmalloc() code, assuming it would be changed there, but it looks like the commit was to change contigmem instead, which seems perfectly logical and reasonable.

It’s entirely possible that the folks here who tested 16.07.1 forgot to replace the contigmem driver, so perhaps that is the problem.

We’ll check it out and report back.

Thanks!
lew