[dpdk-dev] Proposal for a new Committer model

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Fri Nov 18 07:00:27 CET 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 09:20:50AM +0000, Mcnamara, John wrote:
> One committer to master represents a single point of failure and at times can be inefficient.

I have a lot more issues because of slow or inconclusive review of patches
than I do because of committers. Often times they just get rejected in
Patchwork with no feedback. Or it takes forever to get reviews.

I don't think the committer is the right place to point to the single point of
failure.

Matthew.