[dpdk-dev] 17.02 Roadmap

Pattan, Reshma reshma.pattan at intel.com
Tue Oct 11 12:25:21 CEST 2016

Hi Thomas,

Computed in software.

> Could we have some drivers hook to compute them in a generic layer?
Since more stats are coming into DPDK , we planned to avoid adding new code into ethdev library. So adding couple of new libraries to deal with future stats.
1)There will be a new stats library which will provide APIs like, stats registration,  stats update and get stats .

2) Another latency stats, bitrate library. This new library uses rte_eth rx/tx callbacks  to mark  Rx timestamp in Rx callback and calculate latency in Tx callback.

The new stats library(1)  shall be used by latency stats , bit rate stats (2) and further new stats to register themselves and push their values to stats library.
Stats library get APIs will be called by existing xstats get API of the ethdev library  to display all new stats as part of xstats.

Thanks,
Reshma