[dpdk-dev] Project Governance and Linux Foundation

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Wed Oct 19 10:40:53 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 10/19/2016 09:04 AM, O'Driscoll, Tim wrote:
>> From: Jerin Jacob [mailto:jerin.jacob at caviumnetworks.com]
>> Having said that, Does anyone see any issue in moving to LF?
>> If yes, Then we should enumerate the issues and discuss further.
>
> This is a great point. Can you explain what you see as the benefits of maintaining the current model? As far as I can see, the LF model provides everything that we currently have, plus it makes DPDK independent of any single company, and it also gives us the option of availing of other LF services if we choose to do so, including the ability to host lab infrastructure for the project, legal support for trademarks if we need that, event planning etc.

The one issue I am aware of is that the Linux Foundation, in our
previous discussions, requested that they take ownership of the dpdk.org
domain name and management of the DNS, to ensure that the website and
community infrastructure were not beholden to a single project member -
is that still an issue?

Regards,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338