[dpdk-dev] KNI discussion in userspace event

Igor Ryzhov iryzhov at nfware.com
Fri Oct 28 17:03:52 CEST 2016

Thank you, Ferruh.

As we are staying on the existing implementation, I think we can do some
improvements:
1. Implement more commands for net_device_ops.
2. Implement ethtool support the same way as net_device_ops are implemented
– send commands to application.
3. Add ability to set default MAC address for KNI interface. Now it is
random for all interfaces except those that work on igb or ixgbe.
4. Properly implement link state control feature. Now KNI interface is in
UNKNOWN state even after changing carrier flag to 1.

First two improvements are already done in KCP patches and can be easily
ported into the current code.
For the last two improvements I can send patches.

Best regards,
Igor