[dpdk-dev] rte_eth_rx_burst reports bug by safecode (one memory protection tool)

张伟 zhangwqh at 126.com
Mon Sep 19 20:36:36 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I am using a memory safe tool safecode   http://safecode.cs.illinois.edu/    compiling dpdk application. If I do not do the memory safety checking, it works correctly.  But my main aim is to evaluate if using safecode protects the memory, what's the overhead?

The related compiling option is

CFLAGS += -O3 -fmemsafety

CC=clang

If I enabled -O3  -fmemsafety, dpdk lib interface rte_eth_rx_burst trigger the following bug:

https://gist.github.com/zhangwei1984/ee8ddf6868d6be9b6bc6f35c3cdeb850

Does it really have bug?  I do not have enough ability to detect where it might bring this problem. Can anyone help to see this problem who focuses on this area development? I will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

wei