[dpdk-dev] Interrupt mode in ixgbe driver and particularly in ixgbevf

Yan Fridland yan at asocsnetworks.com
Wed Sep 28 12:40:11 CEST 2016

Hello,

I have a question about interrupt mode in ixgbe driver and particularly in ixgbevf.

I am using ixgbevf driver for my ports (SR-IOV). Could you please tell me if there is any option to register with a callback on RX queue events on some port (VF) or the only option is to sleep (using rte_epoll_wait()) until an RX interrupt triggers (as suggested in examples/l3fwd-power/main.c)?

I saw that there is a function rte_intr_callback_register(), but this function looks to me as relevant only for linux UIO mechanism (e.g SOCKETS, PIPE, etc ...) and not DPDK.

I will welcome and appreciate any comment or relevant example on that.

Thank you,
Yan