[dpdk-dev] [RFC v2] Generic flow director/filtering/classification API

Adrien Mazarguil adrien.mazarguil at 6wind.com
Thu Sep 29 19:10:53 CEST 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 08:50:44PM +0200, Adrien Mazarguil wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Thanks to many for the positive and constructive feedback I've received so
> far. Here is the updated specification (v0.7) at last.
>
> I've attempted to address as many comments as possible but could not
> process them all just yet. A new section "Future evolutions" has been
> added for the remaining topics.
>
> This series adds rte_flow.h to the DPDK tree. Next time I will attempt to
> convert the specification as a documentation commit part of the patchset
> and actually implement API functions.
[...]

A quick update, we initially targeted 16.11 as the DPDK release this API
would be available for, turns out this goal was somewhat too optimistic as
September is ending and we are about to overshoot the deadline for
integration (basically everything took longer than expected, big surprise).

So instead of rushing things now to include a botched API in 16.11 with no
PMD support, we simply modified the target, now set to 17.02. On the plus
side this should leave developers more time to refine and test the API
before applications and PMDs start to use it.

I intend to send the patchset for the first non-draft version mid-October
worst case (ASAP in fact). I still haven't replied to several comments but
did take them into account, thanks for your feedback.

--
Adrien Mazarguil
6WIND