[dpdk-dev] Working of pipeline in a given config file and regarding user-defined actions in IP_PIPELINE application

Dumitrescu, Cristian cristian.dumitrescu at intel.com
Mon Apr 10 11:39:51 CEST 2017

Hi Nidhia,

Yes, this is correct, the librte_pipeline allows you to configure independent action handlers for each input port/output port/table in the pipeline.

How can we define different actions for different ports in
> this case where we have more than one ports for reception or transmission
> in same pipeline? Which parameter is used to distinguish the ports?

However, in the ip_pipeline application so far, only the pass-through pipeline provide an example of an input port action handler, and the same AH is set up for all input ports. If you want different AH for different ports, you probably need to implement your own AH functions and add some pipeline type specific parameters to the configuration file syntax in order to assign different actions to different ports.

> Thanks,
> Nidhia

Regards,
Cristian