[dpdk-dev] Too much print of testpmd

Gaëtan Rivet gaetan.rivet at 6wind.com
Wed Apr 26 11:05:01 CEST 2017

Hi Wenzhuo,

On Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 05:10:44AM +0000, Lu, Wenzhuo wrote:
>   Hi Gaetan,
>
>   When using DPDK PF + DPDK VF, there's too much print like,
>
>   Port 0: VF Mbox event
>

>   Seems it's not good to print every event directly. If it's necessary, is
>   it better to redirect the output to a log file?
>
>   Thanks.

I'm not convinced of the logfile solution. I'd like to keep it simple
and contained. Logfile means having to provide a name, or use a default
one with several drawbacks, and a pretty leaky design.

I will add a handle mask that will enable or disable this logging
feature. The default mask would then enable it for LSC and other such
sporadic events, while disabling it for the VF Mbox one. It will be able
to be fine-tuned and configured at runtime by a parameter and/or testpmd
command.

I'll propose it soon.

--
Gaëtan Rivet