[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-stable] 16.11.3 (LTS) patches review and test

Kevin Traynor ktraynor at redhat.com
Fri Aug 18 19:29:02 CEST 2017

On 08/18/2017 11:45 AM, Yuanhan Liu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a list of patches targeted for LTS release 16.11.3. Please
> help review and test. The planned date for the final release is 30th,
> Aug. Before that, please let me know if anyone has objections with
> these patches being applied.
>
> These patches are located at branch 16.11 of dpdk-stable repo:
>     http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/
>
> Thanks.
>
>         --yliu

Hi Yuanhan,

I think this one should go in too, as OVS hits this and writes back the
wrong watermark value to the shared register which can cause problems
for other ports. I've applied and tested it with DPDK 16.11.

commit 0e61ab56e01655f02bfe4e6249e032e864b0f5dd
Author: Qi Zhang <qi.z.zhang at intel.com>
Date:   Thu Aug 10 18:48:07 2017 +0800

    net/i40e: fix flow control watermark mismatch

    Flow control watermark is not read out correctly,
    that may cause an application who not intend to change
    watermark but does change it with a rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_set
    call right after rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_get.

thanks,
Kevin.