[dpdk-dev] About pmu cycle counter usage in armv8

Jia He hejianet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 07:23:54 CET 2017

Hi Jerin

Ok

And I wonder why you haven't met such problem (all rd_tsc() is 0)in your
test platform?

Did you use an old kernel (older than v4.5-rc1)?

root at aw-host:~/linux# git describe da4e4f18afe0
v4.5-rc1-8-gda4e4f1

Maybe you need to give a warning that, the usage of High-resolution
cycle counter is not
correct if the kernel version is newer than v4.5-rc1-8-gda4e4f1?

Cheers,
Jia