[dpdk-dev] drops while transmitting to the kni using rte_kni_tx_burst()

Shirley Avishour shirley at imvisiontech.com
Mon Jan 16 13:20:23 CET 2017

Hi,
I have an application over dpdk which is consisted of the following threads
each running on a separate core:
1) rx thread which listens on in a poll mode for traffic
2) 2 packet processing threads (for load balancing)
3) kni thread (which also runs on a separate core).

the rx thread receives packets and clones them and transmit a copy to the
kni and the other packet is sent to the packet processing unit (hashing
over 2 threads).
the receive traffic rate is 100Mbps.
When working with single packet processing thread I am able to get all the
100Mbps towards the kni with no drops.
but when I activate my application with 2 packet processing threads I start
facing drops towards the kni.
the way I see it the only difference now is that I have another threads
which handles an mbuf and frees it once processing is completed.
Can anyone assist with this case please?

Thanks!