[dpdk-dev] dpdk 0005-net-bonding-reconfigure-all-slave-queues-every-time.patch issue

Wen Chiu wchiu at brocade.com
Thu Mar 9 03:22:42 CET 2017

Hi,

0005-net-bonding-reconfigure-all-slave-queues-every-time.patch is now
officially in dpdk 17.02. But, it caused segmentation fault every time
when I configured bonding. In slave_configure(), "Setup Tx Queues" logic
change from for q_id=old_nb_tx_queues to qid=0 which always enters the
for loop and calls rte_eth_tx_queue_setup. After that,
rte_eth_dev_start() is called to start the device. In
rte_eth_dev_start(), vmxnet3_dev_start() is called which calls
vmxnet3_dev_rxtx_init(). In vmxnet3_dev_rxtx_init(), after for loop for
rx_queues; dev->data->tx_queues[0] is override with value like
0x121b20600 which is an invalid memory address that caused the fault.

Without this 0005 patch, looks like rte_eth_tx_queue_setup() is never
called as q_id=old_nb_tx_queues never < nb_tx_queues. So, I suspect the
calls to queue_setup() somehow makes the queues to be setup incorrectly
or incompletely which causes the fault. Has anyone else encounters the
same issue?

Regards,

Wen Chiu