[dpdk-dev] virtio "how to restart applications" - //dpdk.org/doc/virtio-net-pmd

Gopakumar Choorakkot Edakkunni gopakumar.c.e at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 03:48:28 CET 2017

Thanks a lot for the response Yuanhan. I am using dpdk v16.07. So what you
are saying is that in 16.07, we dont really need to call
rte_eth_dev_close() on exit, because dpdk will ensure that it will do
virtio reset before init when it comes up right ?

Regarding the vhost commits you mentioned - do we still need those fixes if
we have the "virtio reset before init" mechanism ? Or that is a seperate
problem altogether (and hence we would need those fixes) ?

Rgds,
Gopa.