[dpdk-dev] [dpdk-maintainers] Issue->Dpdk for arm cortex-a15 compilation

Jan Viktorin viktorin at rehivetech.com
Tue May 16 13:38:52 CEST 2017

On Tue, 16 May 2017 13:22:19 +0200
Thomas Monjalon <thomas at monjalon.net> wrote:

> 16/05/2017 12:51, Jan Viktorin:
> > DPDK does not support OpenWRT because (as far as I know) nobody from
> > the DPDK community is using it in this way. I build DPDK via Buildroot
> > but this is unsupported by the DPDK upstream.
>
> Why means "unsupported upstream"? Are we missing some patches?

I mean that DPDK does not contain anything related to Buildroot in its
repositories and it is not related to it in any way... It does not mean
whether it does or does not work.

And also, I've never finished my Builroot integration into the Buildroot
upstream.

> Should we integrate Buildroot compilation in our CI?

Well, I do it. If the support is upstreamed into the Buildroot master,
I'd say yes, It would be a good idea to include it in the DPDK CI. This
is about having somebody to do it...

Regards
Jan

--
   Jan Viktorin                  E-mail: Viktorin at RehiveTech.com
   System Architect              Web:    www.RehiveTech.com