[dpdk-dev] The virtio device mac is empty in vhostuser type.

? ? heringlinux at outlook.com
Thu Nov 9 04:24:14 CET 2017

Hi,

When I attached a virtio device to ovs bridge in vhostuser type, the virtual port does not have the mac address.
After checked the dpdk code, I found the 'mac' which is the member of struct 'virtio_net' is empty.
It only been assigned in case VHOST_USER_SEND_RARP of function 'vhost_user_msg_handler'.
But the comments said VHOST_USER_SEND_RARP would be handled during VM migration.

Therefore I would like to ask when I launch the dpdk vhost-user program, how could I get the virtio NIC MAC address?

Thanks
Best Regards,
Hering
heringlinux at outlook.com