[dpdk-dev] Support for Intel 82579LM (8086:1502)

Mor, Omri omrimor2 at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 12 22:47:48 CEST 2017

Hello,

I have a computer I’m using for testing DPDK that has an Intel 82579LM.
Currently this NIC isn’t supported in DPDK, but I believe it is similar to others that are (such as the 82574L, which I am using successfully on another computer).
How much work would be required in getting this up and running—what functionality is missing?
I’m currently using it with AF_PACKET (and will try pcap soon), but would be interested in seeing its performance under DPDK ‘native’.

Thank you,
Omri Mor