[dpdk-dev] Contribution to DPDK

Ferruh Yigit ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Oct 26 20:22:02 CEST 2017

On 10/26/2017 10:18 AM, Ryan Yang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am really interested in contributing to DPDK by fixing the bug and
> development work. Besides cloning the code first, what are some good ways
> to start the work or is there any place to check the bug list? Your help is
> appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

DPDK is using coverity static analysis tool [1], you can check defects found by
that tool, this should be easy to start.

Also DPDK started to maintain a "Nice to have - Future" list [2], but current
list can be hard for beginners, still feel free to check them.

Another thing I can think of is improving the unit test coverage [3], which I
believe can help a lot to learn insights of the related code.

btw, DPDK just started using bug tracing tool [4], but currently it is empty
(almost), so won't be so useful for now.

[1]
https://scan.coverity.com/projects/dpdk-data-plane-development-kit?tab=overview

[2]
http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap