[dpdk-dev] git trees organization

Nélio Laranjeiro nelio.laranjeiro at 6wind.com
Thu Sep 14 11:11:56 CEST 2017

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 10:22:23AM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 14/09/2017 04:25, Stephen Hemminger:
> > Bisecting a tree with lots of subtree merges is terrible. That is why Linus
> > rebases and doesn't directly take linux-next
>
> I agree, bisecting with subtree merges is not pleasant at all.
> That's why I chose the rebase method until now.

I don't see what is un-pleasant, if we start a bisect what we expect is to
find the commit introducing the issue, bisect is able to do it even on large
tree with a lot of merges.  Moreover, the probability the issue will be
searched in a specific section within its own subtree is high which also means
locally it will be linear, is not it equivalent to the actual situation?

--
Nélio Laranjeiro
6WIND