[dpdk-dev] New RC needed for stablility?

Bruce Richardson bruce.richardson at intel.com
Mon Apr 30 14:57:44 CEST 2018

Hi Thomas, Ferruh, all,

Initial testing on RC1 from our System Test and Validation shows a lot of
defects/issues, and from the list it appears others may be seeing issues
too. These issues, as well as causing test failures are blocking other
tests from being run. We are also seeing some serious performance
regressions with testpmd.

Based on the number of issues we are seeing, which is probably a result of
the huge number of changes in this release even at the RC1 point, I would
propose that we look to do a new RC some time this week to get as many
critical bugs as possible ironed out, before we add in the remaining 18.05
features. That is: *bug-fix only* RC2, say Wed/Thurs (or sooner if fixes
are ready), with remaining features in RC3 as planned on 11th.

Thoughts, comments?

/Bruce