[dpdk-dev] [PATCH v6 0/9] app/proc-info: improve debug of proc-info tool
vipin.varghese at intel.com
Mon Dec 3 06:49:51 CET 2018
This patch adds new debug functions to existing proc-info tool.
DPDK proc-info tool is been widely used as secondary process to collect
stats for any primary process. But these are limited to DPDK NIC ports and
basic memory usage.
This patch tries to address the short coming by adding debug for port,
traffic manager, crypto, ring and mempool. With these additional
information in tool will be able to deliver helpful data to debug issues
and performance variance.
With the following patch set debug data has been collected from customers
using DPDK instances. Analysing the information helped to suggest the next
debug steps and solutions for fixing the issues.
- add event dev debug information.
- enhance iter_mempool for INLINE crypto entries.
- add debug for libraries like hash and acl.
- explore debug possibility for ring and list.
- add links and reference to 'how to guide' for 'debug and troubleshoot'.
Patch set Information
Patch includes set of 9 patches:
* 0 : to introduce the debug function enhancement for proc-info
* 1 : MACRO and help usage for new functions
* 2 : string compare for new functions
* 3 : invocation for the new prototypes
* 4 : show port
* 5 : show tm
* 6 : show crypto
* 7 : ring element debug
* 8 : mempool element debug
* 9 : iterate mempoool elements
Vipin Varghese (9):
app/procinfo: add usage for new debug
app/procinfo: add compare for new options
app/procinfo: add prototype for debug instances
app/procinfo: add support for show port
app/procinfo: add support for show tm
app/procinfo: add support for show crypto
app/procinfo: add support for debug ring
app/procinfo: add support for show iter mempool
doc/procinfo: add information for debug options
app/proc-info/main.c | 681 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
app/proc-info/meson.build | 2 +-
doc/guides/tools/proc_info.rst | 35 +-
3 files changed, 712 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
More information about the dev