[dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 13/12/2018
ferruh.yigit at intel.com
Thu Dec 13 15:08:24 CET 2018
Minutes 13 December 2018
* Release Dates
* Integration deadline
* v19.02 dates:
* Integration deadline: December 14, 2018
* First release candidate: December 21, 2018
* Last release candidate: January 25, 2019
* Release: February 1, 2019
* Roadmap page: http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/#dates
* Integration deadline is this Friday (tomorrow)!
* We need reviews/merges from all maintainers to be able to make RC1 on time.
* Many people in community will be off after 21 December, delaying RC1 will
affect release schedule more than two weeks, RC1 deadline should be a hard
* Patches which are not mature for integration deadline won't be in release.
* Poor attendance from maintainers to the release status meeting is a concern.
* Will pull from next-net today.
* Start getting patches into main repo.
* Ferruh will share some load for main repo.
* Merged some patches, pulled from intel, mlx, virtio trees.
* There are more patches to merge.
* No more patch expected for this week, there can be more next week.
* No update, we need attendance from maintainers.
* Stable trees
* v16.11.9-rc1 is ready, ATT is testing it, needs more testing.
No update from Intel test team, stable tree release can be postponed to next
week based on test team availability.
* Kevin will prepare an RC for 18.08.1 next week.
* No update on 17.11.5.
* Ajit reported no critical issues for the release.
* DPDK community lab issues started to be traced by public Bugzilla, this caused
a batch issue creation in Bugzilla.
* DPDK community lab issues has "lab" product type and they don't send an
email to dev mail list when created.
* DPDK defects has "DPDK" product type and creating a defect sends an email to
dev mail list.
* Next release is 2.11, on February, feature freeze on begging of the January,
code freeze on mid January. It will be using DPDK 18.11 LTS.
* Ian will merge v18.11 support.
* DPDK North America DPDK and OvS summit done last week, videos are online:
* OvS: http://www.openvswitch.org/support/ovscon2018/
* Coverity is partially back, now can see the existing defects, but the
analysis for new builds put into a queue which is slow moving.
* Thomas highlighted the value of having more tools. Should we have a
paid static analysis solution as community, need to discuss in techboard.
John will send a mail to put discussion into techboard agenda.
* Windows platform support
* Patches are ready in windows-draft repo, they are under review, patches will
be out in next a few days: https://git.dpdk.org/draft/dpdk-draft-windows/,
* Patchwork Cleanup
* There are more than a year old patches in patchwork. They will be cleaned
and by default will be rejected.
* If your patch rejected but it is still relevant/important please comment
back to add it into backlog.
* Some of the old patches are kept as reminder of some issues, those issues
will be converted into Bugzilla item and patches will be rejected.
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send me an email and I will send you the invite.
More information about the dev