[dpdk-dev] DSW eventdev and multi-process DPDK

Mattias Rönnblom mattias.ronnblom at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 21 19:24:28 CET 2018

On 2018-12-21 06:13, Venky Venkatesh wrote:
> Hi,
> We are considering using a multi-process mode of the DPDK with the event generators and consumers being spread across multiple processes (on different cores). We are also considering using the DSW eventdev. Is the DSW designed for such a use case? If so, are there some restrictions and something specific that need to be done to make it work correctly?

The purpose of an event device is to do dynamic load balancing across
multiple cores. Using the DPDK multiple-process support, with its
requirement of having unique, non-overlapping, core masks works against
or even defeats this purpose.

Also, if you care about security, you don't want to disable ASLR.

That said, I can't see any immediate reason why it wouldn't work.