[dpdk-dev] [PATCH v3 0/6] spinlock optimization and test case enhancements
gavin.hu at arm.com
Thu Dec 27 05:13:43 CET 2018
1. Implemented the ticket lock to improve the fairness and predictability.
The locks are obtained in the order of requested.
1. FORCE_INTRINCIS is still an option for ppc/x86, although not is use
by default, so don't remove it from generic file.
2. Fix the clang compiler error on x86 when the above FORCE_INTRINSICS
1. Remove the 1us delay outside of the locked region to really benchmark
the spinlock acquire/release performance, not the delay API.
2. Use the precise version of getting timestamps for more precise
3. Amortize the overhead of getting the timestamp by 10000 loops.
4. Move the arm specific implementation to arm folder to remove the
5. Use atomic primitives, which translate to one-way barriers, instead of
two-way sync primitives, to optimize for performance.
Gavin Hu (5):
eal: fix clang compilation error on x86
test/spinlock: remove 1us delay for correct benchmarking
test/spinlock: get timestamp more precisely
test/spinlock: amortize the cost of getting time
spinlock: reimplement with atomic one-way barrier builtins
Joyce Kong (1):
spinlock: ticket based to improve fairness
.../common/include/arch/ppc_64/rte_spinlock.h | 5 +++
.../common/include/arch/x86/rte_spinlock.h | 6 +++
lib/librte_eal/common/include/generic/rte_atomic.h | 6 +--
.../common/include/generic/rte_spinlock.h | 45 +++++++++++++++-------
test/test/test_spinlock.c | 32 +++++++--------
5 files changed, 61 insertions(+), 33 deletions(-)
More information about the dev