[dpdk-dev] Minutes of tech-board meeting 2018-01-31
konstantin.ananyev at intel.com
Sun Feb 11 16:38:47 CET 2018
Date: 31 Jan 2018
Topic: Future plans for next-build tree and meson build system work in general across 18.05 and 18.08 releases.
* Some work for meson build system is still progress
* Bruce expects moderate number of patches for it 18.05 timeframe
* General conclusion:
- keep draft tree till 18.05 is out, after that all meson patches will go into the main tree
- Bruce to create a TODO list with all present gaps in the new build system should be provided
Topic: Port ownership patch series
* TB recommendation:
- Apply already ACKed patches.
- Don't apply tespmd patch (more work is required).
Topic: Disable all offloads by default in testpmd patch
* Concerns regarding disabling by default CRC_STIP and TX_FAST_FREE
- for 18.02 remove only VLAN offloads from current enabled by default set.
- for 18.05 see if CRC_STRIP offload can be removed at all
(expectation is that all PMDs can always run with CRC_STRIP on mode)
Topic: DPDK India summit
* Hemant and Jerin plan to give a presentation on it.
Topic: Need some action on source files in DPDK, which do not have any license and copyrights.
* Conclusion: publish a list with of the files and initial authors,
and give some time for people to claim files (with some reasonable proof).
* 2018-02-14 @ 3pm UTC
* Olivier to chair discussion as per alphabetical order
More information about the dev