[dpdk-dev] meson support : cross compile issues

Hemant Agrawal hemant.agrawal at nxp.com
Tue Feb 27 15:38:53 CET 2018

Hi,

How do we set CROSS COMPILE kernel path support. E.g. something equivalent to RTE_KERNELDIR for Makefile

     *   Currently the Igb_uio  compilation fails.
     *   Also, there is no check to disable igb_uio compilation by flag e.g. CONFIG_RTE_EAL_IGB_UIO=n

Other minor issue observed is that though the cross compile is set as 6.3, the gcc 7 flags (which is my host compiler version) is getting enabled.  Causing following errors:

../drivers/bus/dpaa/dpaa_bus.c: At top level:

cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wno-format-truncation’

cc1: warning: unrecognized command line option ‘-Wno-address-of-packed-member’

Regards,
Hemant