[dpdk-dev] standardize device identification

Finn Christensen fc at napatech.com
Fri Jan 5 15:14:29 CET 2018

Sure, that makes sense. I just for a minute thought that we could use that
mechanism to enable individual ports at startup also. We will continue to
use proprietary devargs passed by whiterlist to the PMD probe function.
What we needed was a way to select the individual ports, by using
rte_eth_dev_get_port_by_name().